1. Collection of Personal Information
By using our Site and/or the KYON Pet Tracking System you agree that we may collect information from your computer or mobile device, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site, and if you are accessing our Site or the KYON Pet Tracking System with your mobile device, type of mobile device, version of our software, and how you use our software such as the features and functions you use and frequency of use. In addition, we may collect information about how you use our Site, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data.
In order to access our Site and/or the KYON Pet Tracking System, you may be asked to provide us with some or all of the following information (collectively, "Personal Information"):
a) full name, address, age, correspondence address, e-mail address, telephone number and credit card information (namely, credit card number, holder details, expiry dates and the CCV/CCV2 security code);
b) the location of your KYON tracking collar and base station, geo-fence information which may disclose the location of your residence or other locations personal to you, pet information and other data from the use of our Site and/or the KYON Pet Tracking System such as the features or functions that you use more often;
c) All User Contents that users submit or transmit to or through the Site, such as messages that users may post on or through the Site;
d) Any information you voluntarily submit to us in the context of registering to our Site, using the KYON Pet Tracking System, participating in a survey, contacting us or providing us feedback;
e) Communications between you and us, such as emails related with the Site and/or the KYON Pet Tracking System (e.g., changes/updates to features of the KYON Pet Tracking System, technical and security notices) ; and
f) “Device identifiers” and “Metadata” (as defined below) through the use of a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access and use our Site and/or the KYON Pet Tracking System.
“Device identifiers” are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use our Site or the KYON Pet Tracking System. Some features of our Site or the KYON Pet Tracking System may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
“Metadata” is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect from and about you for account verification and to fulfill your requests in connection with the KYON Pet Tracking System; to provide you with targeted offers and advertising on the Site; help you efficiently access your User Contents and the Software; to remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site and/or use the KYON Pet Tracking System; to contact you with information and promotional materials, contests and offers from our company as well as from our subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing partners, advertisers and other third parties; to contact you when necessary; to diagnose and address problems with the Site or the KYON Pet Tracking System; to protect the security or integrity of the Site, the KYON Pet Tracking System and our business; to improve, update and upgrade our Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System and develop new ones; to monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and as otherwise disclosed to you at the point of information collection. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine the various types of data that we collect and to combine the data we collect with data we acquire from other entities.
3. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We use third-party analytics tools (such as Cookies, Web Beacons etc.) to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System. These tools collect information sent by your device or the KYON Pet Tracking System or by accessing our Site, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System. Except in limited instances to ensure quality over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
4. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Certain Personal Information we collect will be disclosed and shared with our trusted strategic partners, associates and subcontractors to the extent necessary for the function and efficiency of the Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System. When you purchase the KYON Pet Tracking System, you authorize us to exchange your Personal Information with our strategic partner and provider of the SIM card incorporated in the tracking collar in order to activate the said device and efficiently carry out the purpose of your purchase. Also when you purchase the KYON Pet Tracking System, you authorize us to share your Personal Information with our trusted strategic partners, associates and subcontractors to the extent necessary for the fulfillment of customer orders, including placement of order, payment and delivery. Our strategic partners, associates and subcontractors are obliged to protect your information and we will always require them to take appropriate organizational and technical measures to this end.
- Some of your Personal Information such as the name of your pet you have connected with the KYON Pet Tracking System may be searchable by other Users.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe such action is necessary: (a) to comply with the law, or legal process served on us; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of the KYON General Terms, the KYON Terms of Sale, the KYON Limited Product Warranty, the KYON End User License, the KYON Refund & Return Policy, the KYON Product Safety Information and any other legal notices published by us on this Site); (c) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our services or members of the public; or (d) for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure of information is necessary.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Site, such as User Contents, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share the aggregated information.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, our servers that are used to store your Personal Information are owned and hosted by Verio, a business unit of NTT America, Inc. (“Verio”). You can read more about measures taken by Verio to protect the security of their servers and your Personal Information at http://www.verio.com/about/legal/.
5. Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. We never knowingly, directly or indirectly, collect or maintain Personal Information at or on the Site and/or the KYON Pet Tracking System from those we actually know are under 14 and no part of our Site is directed at or structured to attract anyone under 14. Visitors younger than 14 years of age may NOT use our Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System and must LEAVE immediately.
We take reasonable precaution to protect Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access. Although we cannot guarantee that Personal Information will not be subject to unauthorized access, we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to protect Personal Information. Personal Information is stored on our servers and protected by secured networks to which access is limited to a few authorized employees and personnel. KYON uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect the information that you submit. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
7. Business Transitions
8. Changes to Policy
10. International transfers of personal data
The KYON Pet Tracking System may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
11. Right of Access and Objection
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds. However, if you opt-out from marketing and other communications from us, critical alerts may still be sent to you.
You may exercise your rights by contacting email@example.com. In some cases, especially if you wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data, this may also mean that we may not be able to continue to allow you access and use of our Site and the KYON Pet Tracking System.
12. Third-Party Sites and Privacy Practices
KYON LTD, with registered address at 3, Christaki Kombou, Peter’s House, 1st Floor, 3300 Limassol, Cyprus, is the controller of your personal data.
14. Contact Information